Thursday 3 January 2013

WHAT IF...

Just to rattle across a couple of ideas that are in my head.
I just thought of what the game we are making would have looked like if we had done it within HTML5?
Would it be a simple looking top down game similar to that of an old RPG game like Final Fantasy? or another game named Cannon Fodder?

It was our plan to try to make the game in HTML5 at first and then make it within UNITY once the HTML5 version was successful... now I am thinking, maybe a HTML5 game isn't just a fall back... I think if we done it really well, it would be just as good as a UNITY game if we were to put in the same effort.

The game we are currently creating in UNITY is a tall order and the prototype didn't have enough GAME elements in it for me. Sure it was a prototype indeed, but it looked more like a really nice tech DEMO.

Maybe next time round I will choose the easier path.

Yet again, I think I chose the right one when we voted what engine to use.
I wonder how the next bunch of developments are going to pan out.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment